1 Project Management
1.1 Project definition
This Project is carried out on the three-year monitoring of the ISO/IWA 2:2007 Guide in accordance with the ISO Directives, fourth edition. The impact of the IWA 2 Guide on the international education sector is evaluated, with the contribution of the international experts who participated in the workshops held in Acapulco and Busan, with the goal of having a workshop deliverable (document derived from the ISO/IWA 2:2007 Guide) assigned to an existing or a new ISO Technical Committee, so that the ISO/IWA 2 Guide becomes a new ISO deliverable (a publicly available specification, a technical specification or an International Standard, ISO Supplement, Annex SR.9 Review of IWA, 2004). The results of this project will provide the ISO/TMB with elements for making the corresponding decision.
Mexico has been the promoter of this initiative since the IWA 2 first edition ISO/IWA 2:2003 “Guidelines for the Application of ISO 9001:2000 in Education”. The ISO/TMB assigned Mexico the responsibility of organizing the international workshop, held in Acapulco, Mexico, in October 2002. A second edition of the IWA 2 Guide was approved at a second workshop held in Busan, Republic of Korea in November 2006, and was published by the ISO/TMB on May 8th, 2007. We are inviting the ISO member countries that have participated in this project to continue doing so during this second three-year monitoring stage, being the end objective of the IWA 2 Project that the ISO/IWA 2:2007 Guide becomes an ISO deliverable.
1.2 Project Objective and Scope
To establish and maintain an on-going communication process with all the interested parties in the world who wish to implement the ISO/IWA 2:2007 Guide, during the three-year monitoring period following its publication. The main purpose is to evaluate the impact resulting from its use, in order to create a workshop deliverable that is accepted by an ISO Technical Committee that eventually becomes a new ISO deliverable in education.
- Evaluate the impact of ISO/IWA 2:2007 in a global context.
- Promote the translation of the ISO/IWA 2:2007 Guide to other languages in order to motivate its use.
- Strengthen the promotion of the guide by familiarizing a broader audience with it and encouraging its use through workshops, conferences and meetings.
- Promote the participation of more people from different countries and assign specific tasks to working groups, so that they can carry out promotion and follow-up on the use of the guide in their respective countries.
- Conduct an on-going survey on the use of the guide with the support from task group members, in order to carry out a continuing assessment on the impact of its use and to conduct the necessary actions aimed at achieving the end objective that the ISO/IWA 2:2007 Guide becomes a new ISO deliverable in education.
Ready to Download Here